I know it's been weeks since my last post, but I haven't been in a blogging mood. As per my last post, my youngest brother was shipped to Afghanistan. That kinda took a little bit outta me emotionally. BUT, I'm happy to report that I received a phone call from him while he was laying over in Turkey. He's tired of traveling, but doing well. I'm excited to put together his first care package! If you want to write letters to a soldier, he's a great one to write to! Let me know if you want to donate something to the care package.

My birthday party was SUCH a success! Thanks to all who came out, I had a fantastic time! We played volleyball, night disc, buried people in the sand like five year olds, braved the icy waters, strolled along the boardwalk, and last but not least, had a wonderful bonfire.

Later in the week my sweet baby sister came to visit me, and I was SO excited! We had a PACKED weekend ahead of us, but after a million delays, she was finally in California! I quickly rushed her to the nearest In N Out and she fell in love and had her way with the classic Double-double. Friday we were up and at 'em for a quick morning run down to the local coffee and bagel shop. We were both scheduled to race on Saturday morning, and I didn't want to run a full run the day before. After bageling and coffee'ing up, we made our way down to Newport Beach for some sightseeing and lunch. My friend Matt met up with us and took us to a fabulous place called the Bluewater Grill. Nestled back in the cove of Newport Beach, we sat on the terrace and had quite the fanciful lunch. I can't wait to go back!

Friday afternoon we headed out to Disneyland, and promptly picked up Steph's "1st Time Visitor" pin and set out to conquer the park. Sadly, the conquering didn't take long. After our morning jaunt, early afternoon lunch, Disneyland was whooping our butts left and right! We were trying to conquer both Disneyland and California Adventure, but I think every other person in California had the same idea. We had a great time, even if it wasn't as long as we would have liked.

Saturday was the Great OC Eco Mud Run. I've been training for the past three months for my very first race, and the day dawned bright and early. I thought that I would be nervous, but surprisingly, I wasn't. I think all the pain-filled days of running had finally prepared me. We met up with other runners we knew, and filed in to the starting area. THAT'S when the nerves hit. We moseyed our way to the front, not where I wanted to be! The race officials encouraged us to dress up, and Steph decided it would be hilarious to dress as a cop and escape convict. So, there we were, duct taping white stripes to my running outfit. I even bought handcuffs to wear! As we started running, my nerves went away, and were replaced by concentrating on not falling on my face. Slowly, we got a pace, set it, and ran our little hearts out.

I can't wait for the next mud run! Wanna get muddy with me?


Newer Post Older Post Home